How to Test Mic-Lock:
- Locate or Download the free “Voice Recorder” from your Android's Google Play Store.
- Tap to Open “Voice Recorder.”
- Tap the Record button.
- Plug in the Mic-Lock. The recording function will not stop but no audio will be recorded. No sound waves will appear.
- Hit the Record button again. No sound will be captured.
- Unplug Mic-Lock to restore the audio capture.
- Open the “Voice Memos” app located on the iPhone.
- Tap the red record button to start recording the voice or audio.
- Plug in the Mic-Lock and the recording will stop.
- Tap the record button again and no audio will be captured.
- Remove the Mic-Lock to restore the audio capture feature.
Mac OS X
- Open “QuickTime Player” found in the /Applications/folder
- Pull down the “File” menu and choose “New Audio Recording”.
- Click the red Record button to start recording audio from the default microphone source*
- Plug in the Mic-Lock and the recording audio waveforms will stop.
- Unplug Mic-Lock to restore audio capture.
- “Voice Recorder” is a free app for recording sounds.
- Hit the big Record button.
- Plug in the Mic-Lock and the recording will show a flat wave from – nothing is being recorded with Mic-Lock plugged in.
- Remove the Mic-Lock and audio capture will be enabled.
Linux and Ubuntu
- Install pavucontrol (PulseAudio Volume Control) using apt-get or the Ubuntu Software Center.
- Open PulseAudio Volume Control. ...
- Open Sound Recorder and start recording. ...
- Go to the "Recording" tab in the PulseAudio Volume Control window.
- Make sure that "Applications" is selected in the drop down menu on the "Recording" tab.
- Plug in the Mic-Lock and audio recording will not be captured.
- Does it work with iPhone lightning phones?-yes, simply use the lighting to 3.5mm audio adapter that Apple provided with the phone
- How do I know it is working? Go into to the native recording app or video app and hit record. Make a sound and be sure you can see it recording audio. Insert the Mic-Lock and audio recording will stop or be silent. No audio being recorded.
- How do I configure it as the default mic input device? This is only needed on a Laptop or Desktop (PC or Mac). Go to settings and select it as the default mic input source.
- If a hacker breaks into my computer can they not just toggle the audio source to find alternatives? Malware, hackers and viruses use software robots to do their dirty work. If you have your Mic-Lock plugged there will be “no-activity” which will make the bot report nothing. If you feel you are being personally targeted on a PC or Mac simply remove the native drivers on your your internal mic inputs. Bots will not add drivers to your audio input configuration.
- Will this work on iPhones with both a lightning input and a 3.5mm phone? Yes, simply plug Mic-Lock into one of the ports and it will be the default mic input.
- Why does Mic-Lock become the default mic input? In mobile phones, any physical port inserted will take priority from the digital mixer master. It assumes a physical connection to be primary.
- Can Mic-Lock prevent pocket dialing or butt dialing? Mic-Lock will not stop the call but with your Mic-Lock inserted into your device no sound will come through.
- Does it work on a 2.5mm connector? You will need to have an adapter to go from a male 2.5mm input jack to a female 3.5mm.
- Does it work with an external USB sound port? Yes, simply plug the Mic-Lock into the mic port on on the usb audio output.
- I have an iPad with no native audio recording app- how do it test it? Please go to the App Store and download a free audio recording app and it will verify no audio is coming into the device.